[sane-devel] Thoughts on compilation

jim.george at blueyonder.co.uk jim.george at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 10:21:25 GMT 2002

Folks,

	I'm just going through the process of compiling the sane CVS version
so as to be able to have gphoto2 support as well.

	Having recently successfully completed the gphoto2 compilation (with
support) I've noticed that they allow you to specify the drivers that you
want support for thus dramatically cutting down the build time.  For example
./configure --with-drivers=canon,jd11,directory.

	Would it not be possible to have the same option in sane so that I
didn't have to compile all back-ends and man pages but could instead enter
./configure --with-backends=mustek_pp,pnm,gphoto2 ?  Or have I missed the
existing option;)?

Kind Regards,

Jim