[sane-devel] sane-gphoto2 problems with CanonPowerShote A10 and net.conf

jim.george at blueyonder.co.uk jim.george at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jan 17 15:12:21 GMT 2002

Folks,

	I was successful in compiling gphoto2 support with sane (both latest cvs versions).  However I have had to unconfigure it for the following reasons.

	When I specify the device on the scanimage command line it reports
		[gphoto2] Camera does not support image capture

	If I don't have the camera turned on I get errors reported
		[gphoto2] ERROR: Bad parameters

	If I do have it on (the camera) and do not execute as root I get
		[gphoto2] ERROR: Could not claim the USB device

	Finally, and worst of all, if I attempt to access my scanner remotely gphoto2 reports the Bad Parameters error and then saned exits taking the dial-up
connection with it!?

	So fo the moment I've remove gphoto2 from dll.conf so that it won't be
detected.

	My question is what can I do to help, in terms of testing and debug, to
get this camera working under sane (it still works under gphoto2)?

Kind Regards,

Jim