[sane-devel] Re: Avision backend

abel deuring a.deuring at satzbau-gmbh.de
Thu Jan 17 17:43:27 GMT 2002

Jose Paulo Moitinho de Almeida wrote:

> On Wednesday 16 January 2002 23:44, Rene Rebe wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I just merged our latest updates into the official sane CVS
> > repository, the feature freeze is next monday - and I had to update
> > some URLs anyway.
> >

> I have been busy lately but, from my viewpoint, the main problems (directly
> and indirectly) related to the backend are:
>
> - hpusbscsi+sane+avision will not handle large transfers. It is necessary to
> use a large SANE_SG_BUFFERSIZE. Is it easy to fix?

use sanei_scsi_open_extended instead of sanei_scsi_open. The former
function has one more parameter, the buffer size. On return, you should
check, if you got the buffer size you wanted. If
sanei_scsi_open_extended returns a too small value for your purposes,
you can call an appropriate DBG statement and return an error to the
caller.

Abel