[sane-devel] snapscan scans, but doesn't return when scanning is done

Benjamin Greiner b.greiner at t-online.de
Sun Jan 20 15:38:16 GMT 2002

Hello,
I have an Agfa Snapscan 600 attached to a Adapted 2940AU SCSI controller
using vanilla kernel 2.4.17 and sane 1.0.6.

Sane - no matter which frontend I use - scans fine, the preview picture
appearing correctly resp. the "receiving RGB data" bar filling up.
However, at the end of the scan, the scanning procedure never returns,
the frontend stays locked and has to be killed. This only happens in colour
mode.
When scanning the scanner's complete area (such as in preview), the
scanning light returns to its original position, but when scanning a
constrained area, it just sits where it was when it finished scanning.

This is either a sane or a kernel problem, because scanning worked
(b&w, remember the snapscan colour problems) when I last tried sane about
8 months ago. It's not the hardware because scanning works fine using
the Windows software by Agfa (I haven't tried sane under Windows).

Are there other snapscan 600 users having (or not having) problems with
scanning in colour?

--
<bg>