[sane-devel] Upgrading to 1.0.7 - snapscan E20 not detected by scanimage

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Mon Jan 28 21:38:38 GMT 2002

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 07:54:46PM +0100, Oliver Schwartz wrote:
> So, to be on the safe side, the user has to change the configuration file
> manually (assuming that he knows what he's doing) to access the USB scanner.

In the mustek_usb backend I'm using the following compromise: Try to
detect all supported Mustek scanners by "usb vendor product" entries.
If this doesn't work (because the kernel doesn't support it), the user
must specify the device file and type of scanner manually. So with
newer Linux kernels the user doesn't have to modify anything and the
backend doesn't interfere with non-Mustek scanners.