[sane-devel] EPSON FilmScan 200

Franz Bakan Franz Bakan" <fbakan@gmx.net
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 01:09:26 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,
that's a question to the maintainer of the epson-backend.

What's the status of the EPSON FilmScan 200 - support in the current sources?

I have a report from a user who wants to run this Film-Scanner on OS/2
(But I think it's not an OS/2-specific problem)

scanimage -L ends with:

[epson] attach: sending INQUIRY
[sanei_scsi] sanei_scsi_cmd: Reading srb.u.cmd.data_len= 36
[epson] >EPSON   FilmScan 200    1.01<
[epson] attach: device doesn't look like an Epson scanner

because there is nothing like

strncmp (buf + 16, "FilmScan 200", 12) == 0

around line 1830 in epson.c

epson.desc
says that there is a 'better backend' for FilmScan somewhere else, but I would
interpret this that at least the basic functions should work.

Is it enough to add this additional strncmp() ?

Or will I have to compile the files found at
http://www.vjet.demon.co.uk/scanner/ ?

BTW there is a typo in the last line of doc/epson.desc
replace .cu. with .co.

Franz