[sane-devel] xsane-0.87 released

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 11:28:32 +0200

Hello

I already tried to answer your last mail directly to me
but you should not use unusable from/reply adresses like:
	V K <hidden@paradise.net.nz>
when you like to have an answer.

V K schrieb:

> > I just released xsane-0.87.
>
> 1)
>
> I see a lot of gtk problems:
>
> Viewer, changing between Halftone and Lineart, and changing Halftone
> pattern in advanced options. Keeps running though.
>
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkspinbutton.c: line 1370 (gtk_spin_button_new): assertion `digits < 6' failed.
>
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 3786 (gtk_widget_set_usize): assertion `widget != NULL' failed.
>
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtktooltips.c: line 348 (gtk_tooltips_set_tip): assertion `widget != NULL' failed.

edit xsane-back-gtk.c around line 1388:
  /* spinbutton */
  if (preferences.show_range_mode & 4)
  {
    spinbutton = gtk_spin_button_new(GTK_ADJUSTMENT(elem->data), 0, digits);

    if (preferences.show_range_mode & 3) /* slider also visible */
    {
      gtk_widget_set_size_request(spinbutton, 70, -1);
    }
    else /* slider not visible */
    {
      gtk_widget_set_size_request(spinbutton, 100, -1);
    }

Please change this to:

  /* spinbutton */
  if (preferences.show_range_mode & 4)
  {
    if (digits < 0)
    {
      digits = 0;
    }
#ifndef HAVE_GTK2
    if (digits > 5)
    {
      digits = 5;
    }
#endif
    spinbutton = gtk_spin_button_new(GTK_ADJUSTMENT(elem->data), 0, digits);

    if (preferences.show_range_mode & 3) /* slider also visible */
    {
      gtk_widget_set_size_request(spinbutton, 70, -1);
    }
    else /* slider not visible */
    {
      gtk_widget_set_size_request(spinbutton, 100, -1);
    }

then:

make
make install

> 2) Changing a few times between Halftone and Lineart makes the
> Brightness and Contrast sliders in the standard options window
> disappear permanently when set to Lineart (the autothreshold is still
> there). I have observed this with previous versions of xsane as well.

Selecting lineart should alsways remove the contrast abd brightness sliders.
There is no sense for this, you need a threshold slider!

> 3) I have a huge conceptional problem with scanning 2-colour images and
> applying a threshold. There isn't anywhere to set a threshold value.
> The scanning itself would have to be done at grayscale of course. This
> seems a basic operation to me and I can't see why xsane doesn't seem to
> support it, considering many advanced features are there. The scanner
> supports grayscale.

Sorry to say that, but it is a RTFM! (You can do this with xsane).

Bye
Oliver

--
Homepage:	http://www.rauch-domain.de