[sane-devel] Re: UMAX 4500 firmware ...

Rene Rebe rene.rebe@gmx.net
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 08:11:57 +0200 (CEST)

Hi.

This information turned out to be wrong. I looked at the i/o data from
a windows log. The transfered data doesn't look like the normal
Avision SCSI over USB transfers.

I'll remove this text from my homepage.

I heared that Umax/Avision have agreed to work with an Open-Source
programmer. Maybe Oliver is the one ?

On: 15 Jul 2002 23:50:17 +0200,
    Vigneron Damien <drol@free.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On  http://drocklinux.dyndns.org/rene/avision/  We can read :
>
> "# also the UMAX Astra 4500 and Astra 6700 whould work with the backend
> when we added firmware upload (these scanners do not seem to have a
> buldin firware ...)"
>
> How can it be done ? is there an Umax4500/avision How-To ?
> Otherwhise If I manage to have mine working I'll write it...
>
> Can you help about putting me on the good track about firmware uploading
> ? Does it need to be uploaded every use as my Alcatel ADSL USB modem ?
>
> Thank in advance for any information...
>
> Cordialy.
>
> Drol, of http://clx.anet.fr .

k33p h4ck1n6 -- René