[sane-devel] Re: UMAX 4500 firmware ...

Rene Rebe rene.rebe@gmx.net
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 19:55:53 +0200 (CEST)

Hi.

Nice! Could you send me the email address of this "Avision software
manager"? Or ask him/her whether it is possible to get a new SCSI Spec
(and maybe also the magic parallel Spec anyone ever saw) from them?

My latest versoin is:
rene@jackson:~/daten/doc/hardware > head avision-Scsi3_12101999.txt

Avision Scanner SCSI protocol V3.02

Rev date: 05/18/98'

1.1  SCSI Specification

     SCSI Version             :    SCSI-II, X3.131-199x,
                                   Mar. 9, 1990

And they stopped to answer to my e-mails :-(.

On: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:29:10 +0200,
    Oliver Rauch <oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de> wrote:
> Rene Rebe schrieb:
>
> > I heared that Umax/Avision have agreed to work with an Open-Source
> > programmer. Maybe Oliver is the one ?
>
> Yes. UMAX germany contacted me that UMAX has decided to support
> the SANE development of the Astra 4500 Scanner.
>
> I am in contact with a software manager of avison.
> First information:
> the scanner uses a USB scanner ASIC (type genesys logic inc GL646USB)
> => it does not use an scsi over usb protocoll and it has no firmware
>
> I got a protocoll of this chip, a more recent version can be downloaded at:
>
> 	http://www.genesyslogic.com/pdf/gl646usb_r13.exe
> or at
> 	http://www.technorise.ne.jp/pdf/GL646USB_r13.pdf
>
> I will keep you informed about the further progress.
> Bye
> Oliver

k33p h4ck1n6 -- René

--