[sane-devel] HP-Backend asks for a Password (Probably a Bug)

Konstantin Seiler list@kseiler.de
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 17:26:02 +0200

Hi!
I set up saned with IP-based authentification without passwords and almost
everything works fine. But when doing
scanimage --help
After (or while) displaying help-message the backend asks for an username and
password. It looks like this:

[...]
    --source Normal|XPA [Normal]
        Selects the scan source (such as a document-feeder).
WARNING: backend requested plain-text password
Authentification required for resource net:dominica:. Enter username:
--lamp-off [
Enter password:
Speicherzugriffsfehler
kaymes@fiji:~ >

When actually scanning no password is requested.

I also have another mashine with an Epson-Scanner and the exact same setup.
Here everything including the help-Message works fine.

The Scanner is a HP C2500A, the OS is Debian woody and I'm using Sane in the
released version 1.0.8.

Konstantin