[sane-devel] Solaris 8 and SANE

Kip Iles kiplandiles@msn.com
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:33:12 -0400

I am new to this list and also new to SANE on Solaris 8 so please be gentle
with me if this question has been asked a million times already.

Why must the SGEN (or other generic SCSI device) driver be used in SANE to
connect a (or any) scanner in Solaris 8? Must it be used even if the scanner
I am connecting is a USB device?

If it must be used - how do I bridge a generic SCSI driver to a USB device
node ( doesnt make any sense to me - but I can be dense ).

Does SANE support the libusb or Javax.usb API's and if so, which one is more
mature. If not - then what are my alternatives.

Thanks in advance.

Kip Iles