[sane-devel] XSane seg faults (sm3600 at fault)

Decibels decibelshelp@charter.net
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 19:46:23 -0500

This took a little bit of troubleshooting, but the FAQ's helped.
Since working to get the Microtek V6UPL included in the list in the
module for microtek, have reinstalled Mandrake 8.2.

XSane would seg fault each time I started it. Went through all the
settings, ran strace when starting and really only saw mention of Devfsd
which I have turned off. Thinking it might be that Sane required devfs
now, I searched the FAQ's and decided on commenting out all the stuff in
the 'dll.conf' except for the microtek backends.

Worked like a charm!!!!   Then started back tracing to find which was
causing the seg fault. Looks like the     " sm3600 "  backend is causing
the segmentation fault.

Tried it several times and happens every time I put it back in. Don't
know if this is just related to when use microtek backend. I only found
one reference to it on the net and was at:
where it talks about it seg faulting.

I uninstalled everything related to Sane. Then reinstalled and still
Scanner using: Microtek V6UPL

libsane1  1.0.8-1mdk
libsane1-devel  1.0.8-1mdk
sane-backends 1.0.8-1mdk
sane-frontends 1.0.8-1mdk
xsane 0.86-2mdk
xsane-gimp 0.86-2mdk

This is just to let you know mainly. Leaving sm3600 commented out in
dll.conf and works fine.