[sane-devel] XSane seg faults (sm3600 at fault)

Sun, 16 Jun 2002 11:28:55 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 07:46:23PM -0500, Decibels wrote:
> Worked like a charm!!!!   Then started back tracing to find which was
> causing the seg fault. Looks like the     " sm3600 "  backend is causing
> the segmentation fault.

It's libusb, not sm3600. Libusb is used by sm3600 only, that's why it
occurs while running this backend. You need at least version 0.1.3b of
libusb if I remember correctly. There is also a comment in the
sane-sm3600 manpage about mixing old header files with new linraries
but that's probably not the reason in your case.

At least the same bug in Debian went away when libusb was updated.