[sane-devel] problem with epson driver: noise in scans

Henry House hajhouse@houseag.com
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 22:21:39 -0700

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua

I am having a problem with an Epson Perfection 636 scanner (SCSI) and SANE
1.0.7. The OS is Debian GNU/Linux. The problem is that scans have what looks
horizontal lines of random white and black pixels all over the scan. (Sample
available upon request.) This occurs in all resolutions I have tried but on=
ly
in the binary mode. (Color scans fine.) I have checked SCSI termination and
it appears to be fine, though I have a suspicion that the Linux driver for
the machine's on-board SCSI (AM53/79C974 PCscsi) is flakey.

Does anyone have any ideas?

--=20
Henry House
The attached file is a digital signature. See <http://romana.hajhouse.org/p=