[sane-devel] Epson GT-8200U: "Could not send command to scanner"

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:13:50 -0400

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw

The GT-8200 is a Perfection 1650, and besides the box and the manual,
everything is the same (actually, the Perfection 1650 reports it's
name as GT-8200).

Did you upgrade your system to Red Hat 7.3? If so, try this:
rpm -e --nodeps sane-backends
rpm -ivh sane-backends-1.0.7-6.i386.rpm
(you need the sane-backends-...rpm file from your distribution).

Which version of Sane are you using?=20
Do you have any other USB devices that work?=20
Do you see any messages on the console that could be related to the scanner=
?=20
Is your Linux distribution using USB hotplugging?=20
What permissions are on the /dev/usb/scanner0 device file?