[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1650 - No scanners were identified

Simon O'Rorke simon.o@paradise.net.nz
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 23:05:35 +1200

Problem solved!  Thanks, Stephen.  (Actually, on my PC, epson.conf is in
usr/local/etc/sane.d.  It must depend on how sane got installed.)

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Salomons [mailto:s_salomons@fastmail.fm]
Sent: Sunday, 23 June 2002 19:30
To: sane-devel@mostang.com
Cc: Simon O'Rorke
Subject: Re: [sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1650 - No scanners were
identified

I am running sane 1.0.7 under Debian Woody, kernel 2.4.18, and an Epson
Perfection 1640SU. Setup involved one step:

change file "/etc/sane.d/epson.conf" to have all lines commented out except
for:

usb /dev/usb/usbscanner0

I may have had to restart sane, but that was it. After that, start the
scanner (give it a few seconds to initialize), and then run xsane (or
xscanimage or whatever).

I spins like a top now. over 3000 pages in less than two weeks.