[sane-devel] seg fault's

---(rick moranis)--- iamdeus5@hotmail.com
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 20:53:12 -0700

i've been trying to get my scanner to work with my slackware 8.1 system, but
it doesn't seem to be fuctioning properly. slackware 8.1 includes sane
packages 1.0.8 and xsane pages 0.86 and they seem to work fine using the usb
kernel method because i can locate the scanner with sane-find-scanner. the
compilation of testtool caused errors except when using make USB=libusb and
even though the program would compile it would always segfault when trying
to run it. i removed all packages from my system and just compiled
sane-backend and sane-front end from source without any problems. once
again, sane-find-scanner detected my scanner. i compiled sane-frontends
without a program and noticed that it had created a gimp plugin for me. i
opened gimp to see if the "acquire" option had the scanner listed, but it
did not. i tried running xscanimage from terminal but that also segfaulted.
it seems every program related to sane segfaults. what can i do to fix
this?? sane seems to be working fine.