[sane-devel] Umax Astra 2000P problem

Tim Johnson tbj2 at swbell.net
Sat Jun 8 13:43:19 BST 2002

Hello, in the past I've been able to the Umax Astra 2000P running very
good under Linux using the umax_pp patch.  I just installed the latest
Mandrake and downloaded the latest sane backends and umap_pp patch and
installed them.  I am able to access the scanner correctly and everything
appears fine until I attempt to scan something.

When I scan with umax_pp -s, the colors appear off, but this image is
very distinguishable, everything the scans come out purple, but I assume
I can probably adjust this in a config file somewhere.  The real issue is
when attempt to use xsane or scanimage to scan.  The image is completely
trashed.  I normally end up with an image of almost nothing except green
noise.  When I attempt to adjust the images, sometimes I can see just a
hint of the image in the noise, but nothing anywhere close to what I
would call a distinguishable image.  I do not believe it is a hardware
problem because I have been able to scan correctly under another OS (I
only used it to perform this test, I promise).

Anyone have any suggestions?  I have samples I can send if any of you
wish to see them.

Thank you,

-Tim