[sane-devel] SCSI Microtek x6EL probs

Karsten Festag karsten.festag@t-online.de
Mon, 04 Mar 2002 12:38:36 +0100 (MET)

Hi Michael,

Michael Honeyfield schrieb:
> hello all
>
> I am having huge probs getting this scanner to work with
> sane. it works
> under windows but thats not were i want it to work.
>
> I have followed the insructions in the man pages and docs
> on the web. I
> had a brief look at the previous threads for this list
> and didnt find
> much that helped me. below is what i hav done so far
>

> $> cat /proc/scsi/scsi
>
> Host: scsi0  Channel: 00  Id: 06  Lun: 00
> Vendor:                        Model: scanner 636EL  Rev: 1.5
> Type: Scanner  ANSI SCSI revision: 02
>
> ( i noticed that under vendor there is a blank, i read
> that in this case
> you need to add the device, /dev/sg0, to the backend
> config file is that
> right?)

Yes, that's right, at least until SANE-1.0.6.

> $> ./sane-find-scanner
>
> sane-find-scanner: found scanner "scanner 636EL 1.50" at
> device /dev/sg0
>
> (looks good to me)

Yes, to me also :-)

> $> ./scanimage -L
>
> No scanners identified......blah blah
>
> (not so good)

exactly. Please try to specify the device: scanimage -d
microtek2:/dev/sg0 >out.pnm should theoretically scan to the file
out.pnm.

Important: what version of SANE you are using? (I don't know what
Mandrake uses)
I can make more detailed investigations if you send me a logfile (see
manpage sane-microtek2 for instructions how to do that).

Regards,

Karsten