[sane-devel] How to find out if USB is available for compilation

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Thu, 07 Mar 2002 20:12:00 +0100

Hello Henning,

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> > I want to disable the USB code when USB is not supported on the platform.
>
> Why? Smaller code? I think that's against the philosophy of SANE.
> If someone updates the kernel later to a version that supports
> USB he will get in trouble.

I do not know how compatible USB support on different systems is.
It looks to me that it is not enough to update the operating system
but we have to add new code in SANE to support USB on a new OS.

If this is false then it is ok to compile USB support on systems
that do not support USB in the moment. But if we have to add new
code to SANE before USB is supported on this system then it would make
more sense to disable the USB features is SANE.

Bye
Oliver

--
Homepage:	http://www.rauch-domain.de