[sane-devel] Symplifying the setup ?

Richard hebertrich@yahoo.com
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 05:33:50 -0500

Dear development team.

Ever since i got Linux every time i reinstalled ( mostly trying a
diff distro ,greenhorn errors and 1 crashed disk ) i had to set up sane
back from scratch.It has been each time trial and error.Forgot this and that.
What im driving at is simple.Even though there are manuals at the site,
man files etc. the whole process seems a bit out of reach for the average Joe.
How about making an app running under X a bit like  printconf-gui ?
Im no programmer cause i would already have done so.
Seems to me like the  whole detection/backend selection and config file
editing could all be left to a simple interface for less tech savvy users.
I would probably profit from this one too ; )

Later dudes and dudettes.

Richard Hebert