[sane-devel] Permissions problem with Epson 1640 & Solaris -SUCCESS

Johan Bengtsson elijah@dd.chalmers.se
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:06:04 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Karl Heinz Kremer wrote:

> It looks like the scanner device can be opened the first time, when
> Sane tries to identify all connected scanners, but not the second
> time when the actual scan is performed.
>
> Have you tried this with any other frontend?
>
> WHat version of Solaris are you running? Is this on a Sparc or
> a PC architecture?

It's working now. A colleague told me that the sgen driver doesn't need
root access, so I removed the setgid from the scanner programs and changed
the permissions to 666 on the the scanner and it worked with both
scanners...

Thanks,
Johan Bengtsson
--