[sane-devel] Problem: Epson 610 vs. Artec AS6E

mh crapsite at gmx.net
Thu Mar 28 06:27:19 GMT 2002

Henning Meier-Geinitz, Mittwoch, 27. März 2002 18:21:
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 09:03:34AM +0100, mh wrote:
> > "I have an Epson scanner "perfection 610" USB, and scanimage -L produces
> > device `epson:/dev/usb/scanner0' is a Epson Perfection610 flatbed scanner
> > xsane works good, but quiteinsane displays the scanner named :
> > Device name : "as6e:as6edriver"
> > Vendor : "Artec"
> > Model : "AS6E"
> > type : "flatbed scanner" "
>
> This is from the as6e backend. I guess even if there is no scanner
> connected, it will print this if it finds the as6edriver program in
> its path.

Ah, indeed. I just installed that driver and the device gets listed after I
added as6e to dll.conf. So he must have a second dll.conf somewhere.
Didn't know about this one (SANE still has some built-in mysteries :-), but
the problem at last reduces to a broken installation.

Thanks
Michael