[hpoj-devel] [sane-devel] xsane infinite recursion

David Paschal paschal@rcsis.com
Fri, 03 May 2002 20:55:55 -0700

Oliver Rauch wrote:
> David Paschal wrote:
> > Or did you mean to say that the backend uses "int" instead of "float"?  :-)
> >
> > So if the float->int round-up is the problem, then I should change the
> > backend to use SANE_TYPE_FIXED(=2) for the geometry options fix this
> > problem.
>
> This would solve the problem, but I think xsane also will be able to handle
> int values in this case.
>
> Changin the option type to float also would allow xsane to specify the scan a
> rea
> more exact than 1 mm.

Hi, Oliver.  I have changed the backend to use SANE_TYPE_FIXED instead of
SANE_TYPE_INT, and it fixes the problem with switching xsane to "Copy" or
"Fax" mode.  Hopefully you can still fix the problem in xsane that allowed
the runaway recursion to happen in the first place.  Once you have fixed
that, I can test it by changing one line in the backend to temporarily
switch back to SANE_TYPE_INT.

David