[sane-devel] ksane-lib-2.2.0 asks for libsane.so.1

Marcel Pol mpol@gmx.net
Sun, 5 May 2002 19:24:54 +0200

On Sun, 5 May 2002 19:11:45 +0200
Rainer Hofmann <rhofmann@sampo.de> wrote:

> I wanted to install ksane-lib for KDE 2.2 on my SuSE 7.2, but I get the
> message unresolved dependency "libsane.so.1".
>
> I've installed sane-1.0.7 from sources (not original SuSE-packages) and
> libsane.so.1 is located in /usr/local/lib. This path is integrated in
> /etc/ld.so.conf. Scanner is working with xsane or xscanimage.
>
> Actually I don't have any other ideas how to tell ksane-lib to find
> libsane.so.1.

I assume ksane-lib is an rpm package?
If you installed sane from source, it's files will not be in the rpm database,
so rpm doesn't know they are already installed.
What you can do is install the rpm with the --nodeps option.

Greetings,
--
Marcel Pol

Linux 2.4.18-12mdksmp, up 6 days, 20:32