[sane-devel] sane-find-scanner works but scanimage does not find a scanner

Wolfgang Rapp wolfgang@rapp-informatik.de
Sat, 11 May 2002 14:00:43 +0200

Sylvain Petreolle schrieb:

> I 've only these two lines in my snapscan.conf :
> (I've not updated the file for months though I have
> the last CVS code)
>
> /dev/usb/scanner0
> firmware /mnt/hda/windows/system/snape20.bin

For me I also have a similar snapscan.conf entry like above.
What kernel do you run and witch sane version.
Please also check that the dev scanner0 is present with MAJOR-Nr 180 and
MINOR-Nr 48
this is not always created automaticly in all distributions.
Also the driver module scanner.o must be loaded for USB-scanners.
All this run on RedHat 6.0 with kernel version 2.2.19 and sane 1.0.7

Bye Wolfgang

  --- Jim Newton <jimka@rdrop.com> a écrit : > do i