[sane-devel] Scanning Lineart/Halftone with MICROTEK Scanmaker

Karsten Festag karsten.festag@t-online.de
Thu, 16 May 2002 22:37:39 +0200

Hi Joachim,

the function that finds the scanning area and calculates the
dashed rectangle is included only in xsane if I'm not wrong.
That's why in xscanimage you have to draw the scanning area
by hand. I don't know the way xsane calculates the scanning
area but it might be an issue of the contrast between the
sheet of paper and the background of your scanner lid. Maybe
a black paper as background does the trick?

There were some reports of garbled xsane lineart scans
earlier, perhaps Oliver Rauch knows something about this?
I tested this with my scanner: If you scan into a file or
for a fax or for photocopy then the pictures are o.k. as
well as the preview. Only the viewer makes problems. Is this
the same at you?

Regards,

Karsten