[sane-devel] Scanning Lineart/Halftone with MICROTEK Scanmak

mh crapsite@gmx.net
Fri, 24 May 2002 18:14:49 +0200

Oliver Rauch, Freitag, 24. Mai 2002 17:27:
> Hello.
>
> I did some tests with xsane-0.86 (save and viewer) and the pnm backend in
> lineart mode some time ago and was not able to find any problems. I would
> be glad to help if I can reproduce the problems. What I need is an exact
> description under which conditions the image is sheared .

As far as I can tell, this happens if the image data isn't 8bit aligned, e.g.
a with of 264 or 256 works fine while a width of 263 or 257 results in a
messed up image. I didn't look at the code, but I think you assume, that
every bit holds valid data, which isn't true for lineart images (?)

Michael