[sane-devel] Scanning Lineart/Halftone with MICROTEK Scanmak

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Sun, 26 May 2002 16:57:19 +0200

mh wrote:

> mh, Samstag, 25. Mai 2002 12:10:
> > > If this really is a xsane problem please tell me how I can reproduce this
> > > with e.g. the pnm backend.
> >
> > You are right, there are no problems with the pnm backend. Seems like I
> > have to look at the backend again.
>
> Hi again,
> after I could not find a bug in my backend, I dared to take a look at xsane.
> I'm quite sure now, that there's indeed a bug in xsane. Please take a look at
> the attached patch for xsane_scan.c.
> I've tested this with the tevion, pnm and the test backend -> no problems.

Very strange. Your patch makes sense but I do not understand why it does work
without the patch with the pnm backend.

I have a more simple patch, please can you test it:

-- fwrite(expanded_buf8, 1, len*8, xsane.out);
++ fwrite(expanded_buf8, 1, (size_t) (expanded_buf8ptr - expanded_buf8), xsane.out);

Bye
Oliver

--
Homepage:	http://www.rauch-domain.de