[sane-devel] HP 4100C: some success

adavis@saipan.com adavis@saipan.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 18:29:03 +1000

I posted a few days ago that I was having problems with the HP 4100C,
on Debian GNU/Linux.  I think my messages were somewhat garbled.

It's working on one machine.  I suspect that when the USB driver
(OHCI) is compiled into the kernel, not as a module, it works, while
as a module, there have been a number of hang issues.  Likely this is
not the correct picture, but it now works on ONE machine, so I'm
partially satisfied.

There is at least one issue, though.  When scanning as line art, the
scan lines are still (only sometimes!) misaligned, leaving the
impression of an image that is morphed into a parallelogram.

As usual, perseverance furthers,

Alan Davis

--
Alan E. Davis, Science Instructor
Marianas High School

"An inviscid theory of flow renders the screw useless, but the need
for one non-existent."
             ---Lord Raleigh(aka John William Strutt),or else
                 his son, Jr., who was also a scientist.