[sane-devel] sane-*ends-1.0.8-pre1 available

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sun May 26 16:30:58 BST 2002

Hi,

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 10:12:36PM +0200, Oliver Rauch wrote:
> PLEASE: Test sane-1.0.8-pre1 on all operating systems and architectures
> you have access to and send any bug reports and success reports to
> the sane mailing list.

Ok, I have tested the latest CVS (including the make fix) on
everything I have access to:

Linux 2.4
AIX 4.3.3
Irix 6.2
Solaris 2.7
FreeBSD 4.3
OpenBSD 3.0
NetBSD 1.5.1

No problems. Only little changes aganinst 1.0.7. Shared libs work for
NetBSD now. I can't test SCSI and USB on all systems so some question
marks remain.

Tests for HP-UX and results for Linux and *BSD on non-Intel platforms are
still missing.

Attached is an updated version of sane-support.html. I have reduced
the number of entries somewhat to avoid confusion. E.g. entries about
old versions of sane were removed if we have newer information about
the same operating system and platform. I have also removed the
comments (*) about USB on FreeBSD and Linux as the kernels contain USB
support for some time now (even Linux 2.2).

bye,