[sane-devel] HP4400c Scanjet

Bertrik Sikken bertrik@zonnet.nl
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 22:32:49 +0100

Chris wrote:

> I'm determined, if possible, to get this scanner to work with linux. Has
> anyone had any luck. I have it connected to my usb port and running kde's
> usb viewer finds it. I have the current version of SANE installed, 1.0.9,
> however running sane-find-scanner results in nothing. Being a newbie
> still
> of sorts I'm kind of unsure what to try next.

If I remember correctly there is some info and a simple test utility
with basic canning capability (but no sane backend yet) here
http://reapoff.sourceforge.net/hpscanner
(can't reach the site right now)

I have a report from "mharmon" on the chipset that the HP4470c uses,
following at the end of this message.

Best regards,
Bertrik

Bertrik,

Sorry about the delay in responding but I have not had the chance to
fool with the scanner until now. Here are the large chips I see on the
"motherboard" of the scanner:

#1) 13010070-5011
12037Q1
107DZ TAIWAN

Note: These are the numbers on top of this chip. It has pins on all
four sides. I can't count how many pins but they are very closely
spaced, like 20 (or higher) gauge wires one next to the other. It
might have 100 pins on it.

#2) EliteMT 72 MHz
M11B416256A -35j
DZC1H6941 0109

Note: This looks like some type of dsp chip. It looks like there are
40 pins because on the bottom left of the chip on the board is a
number 40 with a line drawn towards the chip.

#3) Texas Instruments 13AVLKM
ULN2003AN

Note: This chip is right next to the 5 pin plug which connects the
board to power supply and maybe the mitsumi stepping motor. This
chip has 16 pins.

There are also two chips one about an inch long, the other about a
quarter inch, which are connected via ribbon cable to the other small
board on the part of the scanner that moves to get the image.
These chips have no numbers on them. Maybe they are just used to
connect the boards together.

I hope this helps. Is it possible that your driver will work with
scanner?