[sane-devel] Compilation error on Compaq Tru64

Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:29:57 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 01:17:36AM +0000, Major A wrote:
> I can't beat your 386 either, but here a pretty slow one:
>
> iPAQ H3650, also from the HP TestDrive, 195MHz StrongARM-1110, 32MB
> RAM. It configures like this:

Oh, I missed that one when using the testdrive.

> after which the actual build is
>
>   real    42m50.703s
>   user    32m47.140s
>   sys     3m51.420s

Not too bad.

> It seems to build without errors. Sorry I couldn't test anything on
> it, maybe we should ask HP to connect a USB scanner or so?

They seem to have added a webcam but I didn't have a look at it.

As SANE 1.0.9 is in Debian sid, we can assume that it compiles on all
the Linux platforms Debina supports: Alpha, ARM, HP PA-RISC, Intel x86,
Intel IA-64, Motorola 680x0, MIPS, MIPS (DEC), PowerPC, IBM S/390,
SPARC.

However, there is still a bug report about SCSI on Linux/SPARC in the
TODO list.

> I originally wanted to give you a real killer slug but gave up on it:
> a 40MHz SPARCstation 1+ from 1988 with 16MB RAM running diskless as a
> SANE server (1.0.2 at the moment). The two problems I had compiling is
> that current SANE doesn't like the linux 2.0.x header files still on
> that machine,

Oh. That's because of sanei_scsi.c? We should add a hint in
README.linux.

> and that 16MB isn't enough for some of the backends (and linux 2.0.x
> can't swap to NFS). It would have taken a really long time though.

Well, if I remeber correctly, my 16 MB computer wen about 40 MB into
swap when compiling SANE :-).