[sane-devel] LT 9452 works only after replugging

Sat, 5 Oct 2002 18:11:35 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 09:18:55PM +0200, Bjoern Franke wrote:
> after discussing on irc with hmg about the lt 9452 (which is similar
> to the Mustek 1200 UB Plus)  I got the the scanner work with the
> gt68xx-backend. But when I load the scanner-module with "modprobe
> scanner", the scanner is only detected if I unplug/replug it. Before
> replugging the only detected usb-device is my smartcard-reader.
>
> Any ideas how to get the scanner detected without replugging it?

With the 1200 UB Plus that doesn't happen for me. The scanner is
detected after modprobing the (patched) scanner module.

Maybe you have the hotplug utilities installed and they interfer in
some way with your manual loading?