[sane-devel] LT 9452 works only after replugging

Major A andras@users.sourceforge.net
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 17:31:17 +0100

> > after discussing on irc with hmg about the lt 9452 (which is similar
> > to the Mustek 1200 UB Plus)  I got the the scanner work with the
> > gt68xx-backend. But when I load the scanner-module with "modprobe
> > scanner", the scanner is only detected if I unplug/replug it. Before
> > replugging the only detected usb-device is my smartcard-reader.
> >
> > Any ideas how to get the scanner detected without replugging it?

What does the system log say while you do all this? I suspect that the
scanner supports a kind of electric disconnection from the USB bus
like the Cypress USB chips, and that isn't entirely reliable because
you never know how long you have to disconnect the device for to make
sure it's recognized by the host as a new device.

How does the firmware download work on these scanners anyway, is it
done by SANE or the kernel module?

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras@users.sourceforge.net