[sane-devel] possible sane problem, not sure

Gene Heskett gene_heskett@iolinc.net
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 04:12:43 -0400

Hi;

After installing RH8.0, then gnorpm so I had a package installer
(their new one sucks a 10-33rd torr vacuum ), followed by the whole
106 file collection of kde rpms for EH8.0 and a few rebuilds here
and there, my system is back more or less among the living.  My kde
install before 8.0 was a garnome build of 3.0.2, so redhats
installer kindly deleted any kde stuff as it wasn't rpm'd.

kde's ocr program, kooka, when the epson gt-7200 backend is chosen,
and a preview scan attempted using the default binary mode, the
progress bar gets to 9% and everything goes to sleep, requiring a
run of kpm to clean up the messy leftovers.

Any idea to whom should I submit a bug report on this?

Running it again, and choosing the plustek driver, it comes up with
color as the mode choice, and does complete the preview scan, but
then cannot rotate the resultant image to the landscape mode which
would place the text in a normal upright orientation I presume the
ocr program needs.

Was that supposed to work?

--
Cheers, Gene