[sane-devel] possible sane problem, not sure

Sun, 20 Oct 2002 11:56:33 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 04:12:43AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> kde's ocr program, kooka, when the epson gt-7200 backend is chosen,
> and a preview scan attempted using the default binary mode, the
> progress bar gets to 9% and everything goes to sleep, requiring a
> run of kpm to clean up the messy leftovers.
>
> Any idea to whom should I submit a bug report on this?

If it happens with other frontends, too (e.g. xsane, xscanimage), it's
probably a bug in the epson backend. Otherwise, the kooka authors are
the ones to dirct your bug report.

> Running it again, and choosing the plustek driver, it comes up with
> color as the mode choice, and does complete the preview scan, but
> then cannot rotate the resultant image to the landscape mode which
> would place the text in a normal upright orientation I presume the
> ocr program needs.

Probably a kooka problem. --> kooka authors