[sane-devel] epson scanner driving me crazy

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter@gmx.net
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 00:43:39 +0200

Emilio Fesocchi wrote:
> [epson] sane_init: sane-backends 1.0.9
> [epson] sane_init, ># epson.conf<
> [epson] sane_init, >#<
> [epson] sane_init, ># here are some examples for how to configure the EPSON backend<
> [epson] sane_init, >#<
> [epson] sane_init, ># SCSI scanner:<
> [epson] sane_init, >scsi EPSON<
> [epson] sane_init, >scsi EPSON<
> [epson] sane_init, >#<
> [epson] sane_init, ># Parallel port scanner:<
> [epson] sane_init, >#pio 0x278<
> [epson] sane_init, >#pio 0x378<
> [epson] sane_init, >#pio 0x3BC<
> [epson] sane_init, >#<
> [epson] sane_init, ># USB scanner - only enable this if you have an EPSON scanner. It could<
> [epson] sane_init, >#               otherwise block your non-EPSON scanner from being<
> [epson] sane_init, >#               recognized.<
> [epson] sane_init, >#           Depending on your distribution, you may need either the<
> [epson] sane_init, >#           first or the second entry.<
> [epson] sane_init, >#usb /dev/usbscanner0<
> [epson] sane_init, >#usb /dev/usb/scanner0<
> [epson] sane_get_devices()

You have a USB scanner? Then you must comment out the SCSI lines in your
/etc/sane.d/epson.conf and uncomment the line with the correct path of
your scanner USB device (here for the case that your scanner is on
/dev/usb/scanner0):

# epson.conf
#
# here are some examples for how to configure the EPSON backend<
#
# SCSI scanner:
#scsi EPSON
#scsi EPSON
#
# Parallel port scanner:
#pio 0x278
#pio 0x378
#pio 0x3BC
#
# USB scanner - only enable this if you have an EPSON scanner. It could
#               otherwise block your non-EPSON scanner from being
#               recognized.
#           Depending on your distribution, you may need either the
#           first or the second entry.
#usb /dev/usbscanner0
usb /dev/usb/scanner0

The TV card should be no problem, SANE supports having multiple
scanners. So xsane will start with a menu for you where you can choose
your TV card (and "scan" an image from your video camera, TV, VCR, ...)
or your scanner.

    Till