[sane-devel] hp5370 problem

Rene Rebe rene.rebe at gmx.net
Wed Oct 30 09:15:05 GMT 2002

Hi.

Yesterday I released a new version of the Avision backend. I go
positive as well as negative feedback from hp5370c people. So it might
work for some scan-windows - but not for all.

Here is (again) the content of the email:

Important: I'm currently only connected via an old v.90 modem using a
normal phone line. So please DO NOT send large image examples !!!

After I moved to a new flat here in Berlin I found some time to
perform some SANE/Avision cleanups.

It would be interesting to hear about results with the HP 5730C (and
other USB scanners).

If you still do not get reasonable image output with this release and
want to test a new experimental code fragment I got from Avision, try
the new config option "enable-c5-guard" (in your SANE/Avision config
file - possibly named /etc/sane.d/avision.conf).

AS USUAL THE PATCH WAS ONLY TESTED ON A HP 5300C. SO PLEASE KEEP CARE
WHILE TESTING WITH OTHER SCANNERS!!!

The web locations:

  - SANE/Avision homepage:
    http://drocklinux.dyndns.org/rene/avision/

  - Sourcecode:
    http://www.rocklinux.org/people/rene/sane/src/

  - Patches:
    http://www.rocklinux.org/people/rene/sane/patches/

  - Incremental patches:
    http://www.rocklinux.org/people/rene/sane/patches/incremental/

  - Possible mirror sites:
    http://www.rocklinux.de/people/rene/sane/
    http://www2.rocklinux.org/people/rene/sane/

On: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 22:55:22 +0100,
    Stefan Kornhuber <stefan at kornhuber.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have following problem:
>
> os redhat 8.0 / 2.4.18
>
> sane-backend 1.0.9 with the patch of rene
> sane-frontend 1.0.9
>
> ./configure ...(-enable-scsibuffersize...) make, make install without
> problems
>
> sane-find-scanner
> without any problem
> ======
> found SCSI scanner "HP ScanJet 5370C 6.00" at /dev/sg1
> found SCSI scanner "HP ScanJet 5370C 6.00" at /dev/sgb
> ======
>
> with
> scanimage -L
> I get the message, that there is no scanner available. (sg1, sgb full
> rights)
>
> thx for your help.
> steve

k33p h4ck1n6 -- René