[sane-devel] SCSI timeout (sanei_scsi.c)

Sun, 1 Sep 2002 21:42:16 +0200

Hi all,

I got a report from a Mustek scanner user who can't use his scanner
since SANE 1.0.7. The SCSI bus resets during the lamp warm-up.

The logfiles show that calibration sometimes take more than 60
seconds. That's the timeout set in sanei_scsi.c since 1.0.7.

I use a similar scanner and had such a reset once or twice in the past
but I couldn't really reproduce it. The lamp warm-up occurs during
calibration, there is no way to avoid the timeout in the abckend as
far as I know. The warm-up times vary between 10 seconds and 78
seconds for unknown reasons.

Can we change the standard timeout value from 60 seconds to 90 or even
120 seconds? Or even better: is tehre a way to set the timeout by the
backend?