[sane-devel] /dev/ or devfs documentation

Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:15:08 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 03:50:50PM +0100, Jago Pearce wrote:
> Hi, I don't have /dev/sg* , /dev/scanner or anything in /proc/scsi.
>
> I stuggling to find docs that help me get sane setup! They all seem to
> assume you already have a dev entry for your scanner.

It's the job of the distribution to generate the /dev/sg entries, or,
if you use devfs, they are generated when there are sg (SCSI generic)
devices like scanners.

> I'm using a mustek_pp (6000p) with devfs.

Hey, that's a parport device. You won't need SCSI support, /dev/sg* or
/proc/scsi in this case. And I don't think that devfs is involved in
any way.

> I've now turned ide-scsi off.

Shouldn't matter but I'm not a parport expert.

> All I need is some docs. A while ago I used a howto from the mustek backend
> site but it doesn't seem to be thier anymore, has anyone got an address?

man sane-mustek_pp
http://www.penguin-breeder.org/?page=mustek_pp

Some important things:

* run as root
* uncomment mustek_pp in dll.conf
* edit mustek_pp.conf if necessary

Ask Jochen Eisinger <jochen.eisinger@gmx.net> if you are stuck. He is
also on the #sane IRC channel (irc://irc.freenode.net/sane) most of
the time :-)