[sane-devel] Feature freeze for SANE 1.0.9
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 23:31:38 +0200
Feature freeze for 1.0.9 is now active. That means no new features are
allowed in CVS. Bug fixes and documentation updates are ok.
The schedule is:
2002-10-13 code freeze
This is the current NEWS file. Corrections and other comments are
New with 1.0.9, released 2002-10-20:
* New backends: hpsj5s (Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 5S parport scanner),
teco2 (some Relisys/Primax SCSI flatbed scanners, models VM3575, VM6565,
VM6586 and VM6575), teco3 (some Relisys/Piotech/Trust/Plustek SCSI
flatbed scanners, model VM3552).
* Updated backends: avision, canon_pp, coolscan2, epson, fujitsu, hp,
microtek, mustek, mustek_usb, pie, plustek, snapscan, teco1, test, umax,
* sane-find-scanner finds more scanners and has more verbosity options now.
* New tool to create gamma tables (gamma4scanimage).
* Support for ICC profiles for scanimage.
* USB scanner should work on all systems supported by libusb now.
* Portability fixes (especially for big-endian sytems, Irix, OpenStep, OS/2,
* New and updated translations for various backends.
* New system for generating lists of manufacturers/backends.
* Various documentation updates.