[sane-devel] Umax Ultraslim 1220

Tim Waugh twaugh@redhat.com
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 21:03:32 +0100

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 08:00:27PM +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> All this is only true for backends that directly access the parport
> (/dev/port or inb/outb).

> Using a special kernel module or libieee1284 (?) should work as
> normal user.

Indeed.  Of course, you'll need to set the appropriate permissions for
/dev/parport*.  If need be, any drivers that use /dev/port could be
made to run as root by setting permissive permissions on /dev/port,
although of course that's far less than ideal!

The libieee1284 project is progressing quite well.  We support several
different platforms now.

Tim.
*/

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99