[sane-devel] HP SJ5300C

Daniel Sim xkjyeah@hotmail.com
Mon, 07 Apr 2003 15:29:10 +0800

Thanks for telling me to use a CVS snapshot (downloaded it on 07 April),
but...
I cannot seem to get it right... can anybody help?

Hardware:
Hewlett Packard Scanjet 5300C USB

Software:
Slackware 8.1
Linux 2.4.18
CVS Snapshot of SANE

Modules:
-hpusbscsi
-usbcore
-usb-storage (for my external ZIP drive)
-uhci
-scanner (with vendor=0x03f0 product=0x0701)

Do I have to emulate SCSI? If yes, I think I have (hpusbscsi) attempted to
do so. I do not have usb-scsi (I think this version of the kernel does not
have it.) BTW, before I installed the CVS snapshot, I had run make uninstall
for the 1.0.10 version.

sane-find-scanner finds the scanner at /dev/usb/scanner0. scanimage -L finds
no scanner. When I unload the generic scanner module, sane-find-scanner does
not detect.

So sorry to trouble you ppl, but I am new to Linux. How do I configure my
avision.conf or hp.conf? What other modules do I need to modprobe... and
what other things do I need to do apart from the following:

tar xfz
del tar
./configure
make
make install
modprobe XXXX;modprobe XXXX;... ;modprobe XXXX;modprobe XXXX;
sane-find-scanner
scanimage -L
*bang the table on seeing undesired results*

Find gifts, buy online with MSN Shopping. http://shopping.msn.com.sg/