[sane-devel] Last call for new backends

Thomas Soumarmon soumarmt@nerim.net
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:31:40 +0200

The hp5400 backend works ok with sane 1.0.11. The main functionality it=20
misses, is the 2400 dpi scan. We have not been working on it for one mont=
h=20
due to lack a of spare time.

SANE API
I did not follow the changes that were made to the SANE API, if they exis=
t, so=20
I don't know what the behaviour of the backend could be with 1.0.12

Transport protocol
The last point I think of is that the communication with the scanner is m=
ade=20
only through ioctl() function. To be SANE compliant, I suppose it would n=
eed=20
to have more options than this one. I suppose this should not be a lot of=
=20
work, but it is still too much for my own agenda.

If someone would have time to integrate it into sane, it would be nice.=20
Integration would consist in :
* port hp5400 Makefile into SANE compilation structure
* verify hp5400 API is correct for SANE
* support of others transport protocol=20

The latest source code is accessible via cvs at sourceforge :
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/hp5400backend login=
=20
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/hp5400backend co =20
hp5400/hp5400

I would be very pleased if someone would help us for the integration of t=
he=20
hp5400 backend.

Thank you,

Thomas.

Le Lundi 14 Avril 2003 20:18, Henning Meier-Geinitz a =E9crit :