[sane-devel] Last call for new backends

Thomas Soumarmon soumarmt@nerim.net
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 17:53:02 +0200

Hi Henning,

We had about 6 beta testers report. Some of them had problems for=20
installation, but once installed, none reported big bugs.
All of them installed on Linux.

Another point is that Martijn will be out for 10 days, and I won't be abl=
e to=20
help for an undetermined amount of time.

I would be in favour to add the backend to the release as it looks to wor=
k OK=20
on linux and therefore be useful to some people. And maybe, adding it to =
the=20
release would make more developpers help us in our effort on the backend.
A good thing would be to have it compiled only on Linux or explicitly "at=
 the=20
risk of the user". Is there an option like --enable-hp5400 to the configu=
re=20
script ?

I think you have all the points to decide whether to add it or not.
Maybe Martijn has more things to say ?

Thank you for your great work,

Thomas.

Le Mercredi 16 Avril 2003 17:30, Henning Meier-Geinitz a =E9crit :