[sane-devel] Last call for new backends

Martijn van Oosterhout Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:40:14 +1000

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 05:30:56PM +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 12:10:35AM +1000, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> > Well, the code compiles and seems to run. Unfortunatly I'm on holiday f=
or
> > the next 10 days so you won't hear from me for a while.=20
>=20
> Ok. So should I add the backend in its current state? There is still
> enough time to fix bugs until release.

As Thomas said, I'd favour adding it. As it is now available it has no
problems. It doesn't support all the features of the scanner but what is
supported works fine.

My local version on my machine is totally broken (I'm trying to add XPA
support) but there's nothing wrong with the CVS.
--=20
> "the West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or
> religion but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence.
> Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never do."
>   - Samuel P. Huntington

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe--