[sane-devel] Could not locate Fujitsu fi-410c (untested?)

m. allan noah anoah at pfeiffer.edu
Mon Apr 7 02:29:45 BST 2003

i have just recently gotten a 4120 myself. i am using the scsi port, not
the usb. i added some basic support to the fujitsu driver, and it was
placed in the cvs copy just a few days ago. so, you must use the latest
cvs source of sane to use this scanner. ( i was fortunate enough to follow
behind ron cemer, who did most of the hard work)

the different device numbers should not matter, since the fujitsu driver
uses the inquiry command (iirc) and string compairison to determine the
model, and both numbers you listed are associated with the 4x20 pair of
scanners, which are similar enough to make no difference.

it is possible that you may see some color inversion using this scanner,
expect a patch in the next few days to address that.

btw, i HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend that you upgrade your os to at least
redhat 7.3 and apply every errata patch from updates.redhat.com, if you
are going to put the machine in question on the net. 7.1 contains many
security issues.

allan