[sane-devel] Plustek OpticSlim 1200

Mon, 4 Aug 2003 13:09:03 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 12:13:20PM +0200, Artur Brodowski wrote:
> Any chances for a backend for this scanner? I've searched the list
> archives for last couple of months and found nothing about it.
> AFAIK it's quite popular model, are there any specific problems
> that it is not supported?

Neither the list archive nor our list of scanners know anything about
it. So you are probably the first one who asks about this scanner :-)

Can you give more details about the scanner?

- the output of "cat /proc/bus/usb/devices" when the scanner is
  plugged in or, if you have sane 1.0.10 or newer,
  sane-find-scanner -v -v
- if you know or can find out (by opening the scanner's case): ehich
  chipset is used? You could also get a recent snapshot of SANE from
  http://sane.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/anoncvs/, build it and run
  sane-find-scanner. That may detect the chipset, if it is already
  known.