[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1260 with the epkowa backend (iscan 1.5.2)

Jaeger, Gerhard gerhard@gjaeger.de
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 18:39:12 +0200

On Montag, 4. August 2003 23:42, Timo Pylvänäinen wrote:
[SNIPSNAP]

> Well, I have 1260 Photo as well (which detects as GT-7300). I thought
> the Photo was the same scanner as the non-Photo but with the TPU?
> Because the transparcy unit is available as an extension to the normal
> 1260...

The 1260 and 1260Photo are identical! The TPU will be detected during
 startup. If it is connected, writing to and reading back some GPIO registers
 will tell the backend wether a TPU is connected or not. If you're not sure
 where the problem ist (maybe it's a hardware issue), you might try the
 Plustek backend, which also implements this autodetection. You can enable
 the debugging output of this backend to see what's going on (export
 SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=20)

But be sure to disable the backend when going back to the epkowa backend!!!

Ciao
   Gerhard